Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Clawing Out or Being Lifted

Joel's message at THE GATHERING tonight really came from the heart. One of the teen girls told me on her way out that he really spoke to her and helped her. There is a big difference in clawing your way out of a difficult situation ... and allowing yourself to be lifted. It takes much trust, patience, faith to allow God to lift you from the pit in His own way. It is self-centered and faithless to rely on our own efforts to claw out of heartache and disapointment. The Elms have a cool song called Here's My Hand: We all want to get our way sometimes. We’re all born then choose to give up our lives. You hooked me when You promised the Way, So from now until forever I say… Here’s my hand, here’s my hand. You told me I was good enough to stand. Here’s my hand.  Too often I've not been willing to give Him my hand ... I really have to be reminded of his promises...and because of them I can choose to be lifted in His strength.