Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

From Birmingham

Tonight I'm blogging from Birmingham, Alabama. I have come along with the Port City Church of Christ (Mobile, AL) with eight of our teenagers, and their youth group. The event is Youth In Action. YIA is planned to reach our teens and the teen culture. Tonight's event started with a Christian concert which many of the teens enjoyed. It was too loud and too long for me, but it wasn't designed with a 42 year old in mind! I hope we will be willing to do anything we can that is good and right to reach our young people with the good news. For the next two days there will be classes, speakers, and singing sessions. I'm looking forward to those. I've already run into some friends from Picayune (Houston and Claire Costello, Wade, Donny, Jake), Jon Hackett, and Jeremy Swindle. I'm hopeful I'll run into other friends later on. I will not be communicating much about hurricane relief for the next three or four days. I do know that it is an ongoing project and that there will be more happening as the days go by. If I hear anything by phone, I'll let you know! You can always check out the huricane worker calender to know who's in Pascagoula working for the Lord. Tonight about 1500 teenagers will line the atrium and sing some songs. These songs will echo throughout the hotel. It truly sounds angelic as these voices blend together through the atrium, which is about 15 stories high. I wish you could hear it. I'll be updating my picture page with pics each night...or at least that is my intention. God bless each of you and thank you for your many expressions of encouragement and strength. We feel very blessed. Below: Tonight's crowd at YIA