Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Hope Remains Goes To Podcast....Sort Of

I think someone was praying. I know they were. We had 78 in worship this morning, including several visitors. After worship we had a church meeting. These always have the potential to break down, but I am thankful that things went smoothly. I had to be nudged into doing this meeting ... just because I basically was not paying attention to the need to communicate. We had good input, with the potential to have more input as the next few weeks go by. I hope we will do this about every 6 weeks or so. Thanks to all you locals who attended and participated. This afternoon we had wonderful cleansing healing rain along the Coast. We had a blustery few days as a front moved through. Last night's winds had shelters opened up in some Coastal counties and some tornado reports. The rain was much needed and appreciated....thank you, Lord! I did manage to sit in my chair by the window and fall asleep watching the rain fall...just for a little while. Several of us gathered tonight to say goodbye to Jon Hensen. Jon will head back to Texas tomorrow. I hope we stay in touch. He is a wonderful brother that has come to mean a lot to us. Thanks to David, Elaine, and David Kilbern Jr. for frying up some fish and shrimp for us. Also thanks to Jeff Campbell for his great coconut shrimp and special orange marmalade sauce he makes. He also made a raspberry sauce, but I didn't try it. Jeff, maybe you ought to be a chef. After the dinner, Gary and Loree Boswell came by the house for a little while. Gary brought his guitar. Now Gary is a real ace on the guitar, but he's nice enough to let me strum along with him sometimes and we have a ball. Gary's an old rock-n-roller, but he is getting older and the country songs appeal to him now too. Loree still hasn't gone country, but we're trying. Anyway, it was just a lot of fun. Gary plays in a band with Rochelle Harper. They performed at the Gateway Church of Christ benefit fundraiser for missions last night and had a great time. I suppose I will spend some time this week getting ready for my trip to Pepperdine on Thursday. I hate to miss part of the lectures, but this was just a bad week to be gone. I'll go to the building in the morning to say my last goodbyes to John Henson and do a few things. I have some things I need to do around my house, and maybe I can round up a helper if I'm lucky. I had hoped to speak at a church or two while I was in Malibu this Sunday, but that has not happened yet. If you have a connection, get in touch with me! I'm available...and cheap! OUT HERE HOPE REMAINS has now gone to podcast ... sort of. I don't think I'm going to read my blog to you! But, you can find a podcast of my morning sermon this morning HERE. If you have an IPOD you can subscribe to this and it will download automatically into your IPOD. If you have a MY GOOGLE or MY YAHOO account, you can also subscribe to it ... or you can listen directly on the website. Nice integration of opportunities there. I will try to keep my weekly sermons there ... and occasionally some other stuff that I have in mind to try out. Maybe my new radio program ... and occasionally just some things that are on my mind. You should check it out often! If I have lots of people visit that page often, I can be listed in the top 100 and that will give the site more exposure. Also, if you are on my mailing list and you got three or more notices about this, that was my fault. I apologize for being impatient and hitting a button several times. Anyhow, that's my news for the day. Thanks for reading.