Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The Stress of Rest

Maggy and I are going to take four or five days of vacation together, while the kids are at their grandparents. Sounds nice enough, doesn't it! We seldom have the time alone that we would like to have, and this will be a wonderful time for us. We have to be frugal ... there's not much elbow room for this kind of thing ... but we will be able to enjoy the time without having to be entertained every second of the day with activity. We are looking for leisure...sleeping in, reading, quiet walks, and good food. We would both enjoy being near some water ... or some place pretty. This is killing me! I am the king of indecision when it comes to this kind of stuff. I was falling asleep at the keyboard last night looking at state park cabins in various places ... then switched to hotels ... but I was too drowsy to continue. We are not big vacationers. We mostly do stuff with the kids and often it is a visit with family that is on the agenda. So this is odd for us to do this kind of thing. I should demand that we take more time together ... but life keeps us so busy. Anyhoo... I'm stressing out over trying to find some place to go rest. We don't want to spend days traveling there... so the SouthEast is definitely the location. Maybe you have some ideas? I'm afraid we'll end up travelling 30 miles to the next town and getting a room at a hotel just to get out of town ... and that would be so boring to blog about!