Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Sunday, August 07, 2005

A Call That Changes Everything

Today began with an unexpected turn of events. I had only been in the office about 30 minutes. I was finishing up power point for the morning worship when my mother called. They were coming to Central today to worship. About 20 miles from my home they lost control of their Honda CRV and ran into a ravine, rolling at least once. Mom called on the cell phone. I got there before anyone except a state trooper. A couple was there who saw it and were keeping them company until help arrived. Turns out he is the preacher for another church of Christ here in town. I didn’t even know they had a preacher. I was very happy to meet him, and very happy to know what kind of person he and his wife were. They were ankle deep in mud and muck comforting strangers. Somehow I beat the ambulance to the hospital where both were checked out and discharged. They are very shaken, and some hours later I think they are still somewhat in shock. Words like "lukcy to be alive" and "God was watching over us" have been repeated today. I brought them home tonight and will stay a few days to make sure they are ok. Pray for them as this has really been a nightmare for them. For me, yes, but more for them. Have you ever had one of those calls? You know, the kind that change all of your plans, no matter how important the plan was? Good calls…and bad calls … tell us about the call that changed everything, even if it was only for a day.