Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Monday, August 22, 2005

Thanksgivings

Just in time, the Lord provided a weekend that was such a blessing to me. Some months ago I bought tickets to two Atlanta Braves baseball games at Turner Field. As time got close, I realized that the pocket change was in short supply and I didn’t think I would get to attend because I couldn’t afford the hotel room. An anonymous friend stepped in and paid my way. I wanted to refuse, but to tell you the truth I NEEDED to get out of town for a few days. I humbly accepted. It was a great trip with some close friends from Ocean Springs. I made some new friends on the trip as well. Sunday was a good day as well at our church. A friend was baptized into Jesus, and that brought us all a great deal of peace and happiness. We had lunch with almost twenty friends at a freind's house. Sunday night we had a Coast Wide Worship Service at the Saenger Theater in Biloxi. Christians came streaming in from Slidell (Louisiana), Bay St. Louis, Lucedale, Moss Point, Ocean Springs, Vancleave, Gulfport, Long Beach, Orange Grove, Biloxi, and Pascagoula. It was an awesome night of worship. My friend Les presented an excellent message. After that great event, my wife and I had a late supper with one of our deacons and his wife… dear friends. We talked until we just couldn’t talk any more, then went out in the parking lot and talked another thirty minutes. I’ve been pretty tired today, but I did visit the hospital, taught a teen discipleship class, and went to the track and walked a mile and a half. I also got to see Chipper Jones’ winning home run for the Braves tonight on television. In actuality, nothing much has changed about what’s happening around my place. But, a loving wife, time on a road trip with the guys, witnessing a new birth, worship with my Family, and connecting with friends, have all served as means by which the Lord has gotten me back on center. Plus I have to really thank all of you for your supportive comments. It’s good to know that others go through the same things. It’s also good to know that there’s a way to see it all through. In all of this I think God was showing me that He has got everything in His hands. That’s all I really need to remember when I look around and think that things have gone nucular on me. There are tough days ahead. My Abba will walk with me through them all. Yesterday is a wrinkle on your forehead Yesterday is a promise that you've broken Don't close your eyes, don't close your eyes This is your life and today is all you've got now ---Switchfoot, This Is Your Life