Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Touched

I was touched today by the stirring words of “It Is Well With My Soul” during our morning assembly. I was touched as I read the ending of Hebrews 11, and the things that people who are certain of what they cannot see will do in faith. I was touched by the large number of people we had today in our assembly - maybe the largest this year. I was touched by the responses to the invitation, a woman I do not know weeping bitterly and a woman I have known for many years expressing her gratitude to God and the church. I was touched as I watched men work on my house. These are men who do not know me and do not live here. But they do know Christ, and He lives in their Heart. I was touched tonight to hear teenagers singing the praises of God. I was touched tonight as a brother confessed his past sins, the power of deliverance, and in humility gave all credit to God. And I was touched by his tears. I wish I could remember his name. At the end of devotional tonight the leader suggested that we hold hands in a circle. It was an odd circle, with us standing in between pews, and in aisles. It really wasn’t much of a circle. But I stood next to him. My hand on his shoulder as we sang “Jesus Is Lord”. Afterward he looked at me with tears. He said something to the effect that he lived on a boat, and he wasn’t around people very much. He said that he was moved by the acceptance of strangers. He said that he needed a hand on his shoulder and that he was blessed. I started off today during the worship hour talking about people who were certain of what they could not see. I ended the day watching the Lord at work in the hearts of individuals as they stood before me. I wonder what He has prepared for tomorrow? Below: Jason leads our devotional tonight