Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Sunday, November 13, 2005

A Day of Rest

I don’t have much to report today. We had a very good time together offering praise to our King this morning. I think we had 107 in attendance. Some of those were from the camper park down the street. After services I had a few hours to prepare for a Church Committee meeting. Then I took care of a few details and am now considering myself “off” for a few days. (I know others have considered me “off” for a long time, but that’s a different kind of ‘off’!) I will do a few things around my house, do some reading, and resting. Tommy Stewart was here this weekend and did a lot of baseboard and frame work in the house. Thanks, Tommy. I feel so blessed to have you for a friend. I can't believe I didn't get a picture of us together, or at least of you working in my house. I'm brainless sometimes. Wednesday we will have some new people coming in and this weekend we will ramp up with a good crew. It looks like this, as far as we know at this point: Monday, Jay Thomas and a friend will arrive from Virginia to stay until Thursday. Wednesday Donna Gossett will arrive, bringing some supplies. Also James Simmons will come in, bringing some supplies with him. Friday about 25 will arrive from Conway, Arkansas with Jason the youth minister leading the way. Saturday will be a busy day as a crew from South Carolina arrives to work. Also A crew from Montgomery will come in to help us move some appliances. So, we will have lots of help at the latter part of the week. This is a good time to rest. A work crew report is always available HERE. Now when I mention all of these other people coming in, I do not mean to negate at all those who are here on a semi-permanent basis. We have eleven at this point who are here all the time. Nathan Walker from North Carolina, Carlos from Indiana, Paul & Elsie England from Paducah, Kentucky, Jerome Faulkner from Paducah, Handyman Dan (plus two daughters), John Sanders from Rhode Island and Steve and Pamala Warwick from Virginia are doing their work with us on a long term basis. These workers give us some kind of consistency and a sense of family. Above is a picture of Carlos and Nathan having a lighter moment. This afternoon my friend Steve Martin dropped by for a minute. I was sorry that I was about to be late for a meeting and couldn’t visit with him. It was good to see him, though. Tonight Maggy and I had a quiet dinner at Cracker Barrel together. Well, Danny Dodd did call and tell me some about his mission trip to Guyana, so we shared dinner with him I guess. Glad Danny had a great trip and some new experiences to share. So, it was a nice Sunday. Not quite as hectic. I rested a bit. It’s been a good day.