Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Wednesday Ramblings

Every day at the end of the day I think to myself, “Self, today was frantic … chaotic … maybe tomorrow will be better.” But the truth is each day is pretty much the same. Some days I cope with it better than others. Today I had one of those moments when I had to do several things at once, and I didn’t handle it very well. I have resolved now that when that happens again I’m going to just write each item down and do one at a time. Maybe that will give me a little bit of an edge in dealing with the pressure. We have basically the same crew here today doing basically the same things. From what I hear several projects were finished today. That’s always great. Little steps toward getting people back into their homes. Our family doesn’t feel that we have to make big leaps toward our old homelife, but little steps are good things. I talked today with two people who are following our progress here through the blog. I want to give a big thanks to all of the readers. You guys have your lives going on, just as before. You’re busy. You’ve got families, jobs, and things that need to be done. Yet you continue to check in with us and wonder how we are doing. You pray for us and some of you come and work with us. Some send money and some send supplies. Some wonder what they can do. Thanks for reading and caring. We had a good devotional tonight with a few visitors. A lady asked me to study the Bible with her. I, of course, gladly told her ‘yes’! Our needs remain the same, contact remains the same … so see the previous blog please! A few personal notes: *Hi Cecelia, we got your box today. I know your heart is where it needs to be. Don’t sacrifice your own position to help us … but thank you. You will be blessing people down here with your gift. *Good Night, Cecil. *Danny, have a great trip to Guyana. If you had a blog you could tell us about it. Sigh. *Brian, thanks for your note. I didn’t know you were reading! I don’t think the group here is the one you asked about. But they’d be welcome! *Dusty, is this your big Blog break? Get a blog! Thanks for all of your support and help. And thanks for the cool jacket, and the ice machine, and the support and your prayers. University Church in Conway is a great church. *Keith at www.ides.org, I hope we will be able to establish some of the things you talked about on the phone. I know you work hard, but isn’t it fun to help people? Looking forward to meeting you. *Hoots, thanks for Jay Jarboe’s number. I’ve been trying to find a few minutes to call him since you gave it to me. Maybe tomorrow. *Chris, thanks for coming yesterday. Your consistent support and encouragement have been an unexpected source of strength for me. Your daily calls during the first few weeks kept me going. You listen well. *Paul, what do I have to do to get a refrigerator? (inside joke - no fridge needed!) Well, I’m going to go … it’s late and I need to go to camper sweet camper and get some shuteye. Hope you are all doing great. God is good and He has provided well.