Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Saturday Stuff

We had a lovely dinner at the Dodd house. The food was fantastic and I ate toooo much. I enjoyed the company so much. They let me ramble on about stuff and acted interested. Good friends. The Dodd's new daughter, Jordan, is beautiful. Just like Taylor! The time with Ronney and Sylvia was also cherished. We hit a traffic jam on the interstate on the way home, had to be re-routed, and didn't get home until midnight. It was kind of hard to get up this morning! I have spent most of the day at my house. Nathan the painter has been painting some primer. He also helped us move our washer and dryer into the utility room. However, the electrical outlets aren't quite ready, so that's another setback. I've learned that nothing is simple. We live in a very complex world. For every action, there are 75 equal and opposite reactions. Most of the homes that are being worked on have provided an endless supply of odd-jobs that no one expected. One person tells something to another person, and by the time that spreads through three or four people it becomes something totally different. Now there are several fires to put out, all because of one misunderstanding. It happens all the time, everywhere we go. You have to wonder what really happened when God said, "Let there be light". I know the Scripture says, "and there was light". But I wonder what other things were set in motion because there were light. Thankfully our Soveriegn God knew about all of those things. But as surely as the introduction of humans into the ecosystem created a stir, everything we do is creating a stir. Ripples on the water from one stone expand outwardly and we never know where that ends. A kind word, or an unkind word each create their own ripples. An act of service, or a withholding of service create their own ripples. A prayer with a hurting person has to create ripples in the Kingdom that we never see. So my Saturday stuff is a bit boring. Sweeping, throwing away, moving things around ... all necessary ... none very interesting. I don't know what's going on at the church building except I do know we are short of workers. Help is coming, though. We sometimes know about it, and we sometimes do not. But each worker is setting in motion some kind service that will bless more people than he or she can know. Tomorrow I'm going to preach a sermon called Why We Need Jesus In Our Lives. Most of my sermons these days are topical ... and this will be no exception. I hope it sets some things in motion that results in people inviting Jesus into thier lives. Thanks for reading!