Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Thursday, February 02, 2006

MASS

I started off today on my way to visit the lady who doesn't know where her son is, but she put me off until this afternoon (and this afternoon she put me off to next week). So I decided to visit one of our members, but I had a phone call, and when I got to the member's home they were not there. So I went to the church building and finally connected with Lance about his upcoming mission to the Coast. After that call, I had an audio appointment to keep. Yesterday John Alan Turner called me. I always enjoy talking to JAT, and this time was especially neat because he asked me to do an audio interview for the company he works for. This was on the subject of HOPE and will go out to about 10,000 listeners. So today at 11:00 Lanny Donanhue called to interview me. If you notice JAT's comment in the last post, he was in the studio and praying for me during the interview. I didn't know that at the time, but I'm thankful. And I'm thankful to tell our story yet again for a new audience. After lunch I picked up Daved Baker and we headed over to WOSM to be on Margaret Coopers twice weekly talkfest called "Looking Around With Margaret". Our world is full of wonderful characters that bring both smiles and wonder, and Margaret Cooper is one of those characters. Born in Germany, she still has a thick accent. She and Charles have owned and operated WOSM for 35 years. It is called "The Gospel Giant" and is the only Southern Gospel station in this area. It has a huge listening audience. I used to do "Afternoon Break" daily on the program. As soon as I can raise the money, I'm going to do that again. But anyway, we joined some other guests and were able to talk about our mission over the radio for an hour. It was a lot of fun. Daved (yes, I'm spelling his name correctly!) is an interesting character also. A missionary from Sherwood Baptist Church in Albany, Georgia, Daved found his way to working with us in the relief effort. He brings twenty years of disaster relief work experience, a truckload of contacts, and a very detailed organizational mind to take care of any number of tasks around the building. Daved told us a few months ago that he believed that what we were doing was Biblical and he wanted to be a part of it. Central is Daved's home church for the next few years as he works to help people ... mostly behind the scenes. He has multiple health problems, but does not let them keep him from reaching out to the world. After the radio program, Daved and I headed over to my favorite new hangout, Dough-Joes Kolache and Coffee Cafe. I had a hazelnut cappacino and Daved had an iced mocha. We had a great conversation - the kind that is rare around our place due to the pace of activities. I had to go to Wal-Mart tonight, and on the way out of the parking lot I had a green light. That didn't stop the car coming from the opposite direction at about 80 mph. He would have slammed right into me, if not for my keen perception (my wife will be laughing at that!). He ran right through the next redlight as well and must have realized something, because he then nearly stopped in the highway. I passed him, but it wasn't long before he zoomed right past me again, and right into the back end of a car waiting at a red light. I don't think anyone was hurt, but I did stick around to tell the police what happened ... and to note that his friend jumped out of the truck and took off. That was my day of Mass communication and witnessing a moving mass impact a still mass. Tommy asked me a few questions ... so I'll answer here. My blood tests all came back great. My triglycerides were elevated slightly (212; 200 is normal), but everything else (sugar, cholesterol, thyroid, etc.) turned out great. My nerve ending test on the hands has been put off twice. I hear it's awful, so I don't mind. I meet with another doctor on February 9th about another issue that I'll discuss later if need be. I don't expect anything big. My kitchen is operating beautifully and we are enjoying cooking again. There are still some things that need to be done at my house, but we are able to live in it - and that's enough. And YES I would love to come to Starkville to tell our story. Thanks for asking!