Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Monday, January 23, 2006

Busy Day at Oklahoma Christian

Greetings from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. After a delayed flight in Mobile, and a stopover in Memphis where I apparently was the victim of oversell (although I did get a seat on the flight) ... I finally arrived in OKC about 9:00 last night. This morning I enjoyed a lecture by Dr. Howard Norton on how important it is to experience partnership in the work of the Kingdom. Thank you all for being our partners in this work either through donations, work, or prayers. Bobby Ross is the managing editor of the Christian Chronicle, which is housed at Oklahoma Christian University. He bought me a great mexican lunch and we talked for a long time. I appreciate him listening, even though I know he is busy. I also met up with Phil Sanders, who is the minister for the Concord Road Church of Christ in Brentwood, TN. That is one of the churches that provided a wonderful Christmas for Central. Then I met Carla Calhoun, with whom I have only spoken on the phone. Carla works with Rapha International and knows a lot about disaster relief. I'm about to head to Yukon, OK to have supper with Richard and Jeanna Lynn May - old friends who used to live in Mississippi. Maybe I'll post their picture here later or tomorrow. Richard is the preaching minister for the South Yukon Church of Christ, and also an instructor at Oklahoma Christian. It's really a busy trip, but that's what I came for! Hope your week is going great. I'll share more as I have opportunity! Below: Bobby Ross and me in Bobby's Office on the OC campus.