Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Challenges, Doubts, and Faith

We are all holding our breath with excitement about some upcoming challenges! *Saturday we have scheduled 105 workers to arrive Saturday night. This is our biggest crew and we are scrambling to make sure there are accomodations for all of them. What a charge it gives me to see all these servants coming into our city at once! At the same time, I question whether or not we can find a job for every one of them. *Logistics for feeding this large group is a challenge. We look forward to getting the crews fed! At the same time I wonder how we are going to do it! *Tonight begins 31 nights of gospel messages. I am excited about what can happen during a time such as this. At the same time I confess that I have bouts of self-doubt, wondering if I'm crazy to do such a thing! But we will just let the Lord use it as He wills. I will preach tonight in the first Good News Night of March. My subject will be on the character Barabbas. I'll let you know how it goes (perhaps even with an update tonight). In spite of my doubt, I do believe that this convergence of activity, service, teaching, and outreach will be a Kingdom event. It may even be true that we will not realize how important it all is for a long time ... but I do believe that there will be souls saved! Pray for us, would you? By the way ... if any of your churches want a project ... *We need some picnic tables on our site so that workers can relax outside together and have a place to sit. *We will need some new lawnmowers and trimmers donated so that we can do free lawn work in our community. Anyone want to take on one of those projects? Below: Dr. Roger Hines and wife visit with a lady in our community last week. Dr. Hines is a proffessor at Magnolia Bible College.