Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Pratt-ically Speaking

We had a great morning at Central today. We had brothers and sisters from Pennsylvania (Hope Missions!), Starkville (MSU Students!), California, West Virginia, Kentucky, and other places I'm sure! I spoke from Mark 5 on the woman who touched the hem of Jesus' garment. Then this afternoon Maggy and I drove up to Prattville, Alabama. Tonight David Kilbern and I spoke at the Prattville Church of Christ about what we are doing on the Coast. Prattville Christians have been very good to us. David and I haven't had an opportunity to do this together before, and we enjoyed it very much. The Prattville Church has come down to do work so many times I have lost count. They donated a 15 passenger van to us that has been very handy. A brother in this church made the racks that our clothes are hanging on in the auditorium. Another brother donated a camper for my daughter to live in after the storm. This is such a giving church. I enjoy talking to their minister, Brent Missildine, as well. The church fed us a great meal tonight and allowed us to stay in a nice hotel before we head back home in the morning. We feel very blessed and taken care of. I would like to start naming names ... but I would miss someone. I think no one at PCOC would begrudge me giving Richard Medlin a LOT of credit for the great work that has come down to the Coast. Thanks, Richard and everyone else! Also in Prattville, the Hunter Hills Church of Christ also undertook massive hurricane relief efforts after Katrina. They, along with other relief organizations, repaired Gulf Coast Bible Camp so that it could be used as a staging area for workers along the Coast. At least twice they sent workers from David Lipscomb University to Pascagoula to help us out. Minister Don Campbell communicated with me via phone and e-mail. I've never met Don, but I would like to. We will have to leave early in the morning, so it will have to be another time. Perhaps we'll be able to come and visit both congregations some Sunday in the future....not to speak ... just to be present with the Family. Tomorrow Maggy and I will head back to Pascagoula. Tomorrow afternoon I will travel with Gary Kirkendall and Les Ferguson (Hey Les, get off of Xanga and get a real blog! ha!) to Kosciusko. Tomorrow we will be speaking in chapel at Magnolia Bible College. Next week some MBC students will be down on the Coast doing some evangelistic work. I expect God to use them in exceptional ways! We will be coming home, Lord willing, on Tuesday afternoon late. That will make two trips for the week, but there's a third one! I'll tell you about that in another post. Well, it's about to be Monday morning, so I'll post this blog so it will show up as a Sunday blogpost! Hope we all have a great week!