Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Tuesday On The Coast

This morning I caught up on some e-mails that I had let pile up. We have a good number of people coming to help us in the coming months, which provides a great expectation for the service we can offer to our community. My friend Chris Lockhart invited me to Mobile to eat lunch with him, so I took him up on that today. We ate at Sonny's Bar-B-Q for three reasons. (1) We love the food there. (2) Chris' wife Susan doesn't like it, so I needed to give him a chance to eat there. (3) Corn nuggets. Where else can you get corn nuggets these days? After lunch we went to the Cornerstone book store and then to Chris' house for a little while before I returned home. At the bookstore I picked up MONDAY MORNING CHURCH by Jerry Cook. Of course Chris, the bookhound, had to get one also! It was a relaxing day, and I was thankful. I want to mention two things briefly: 1. A Prayer Request for a friend who is going through a very difficult experience ... that's all I can really say ... but God knows. And another friend who is going through a recovery from surgery that is particularly difficult. 2. Elsie England is asking all of those who came to help (local and long distance) with the hurricane relief effort send a recipe and a paragraph or two about your recovery experience. How about it, ladies? (and men?) ... Let's help Elsie out! A short blog tonight ... but that's all there is, folks! Thanks for checking in.