Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Weekend Notes

This weekend was a good one for our family. We had several people in for Robert and Nicole's wedding. Maggy's mom and dad and sister came from the Delta. Her brother and his wife came from South Mississippi. My mom and dad came over as well. We had a housefull, and enjoyed every minute of it. The wedding went well, there was very little to complicate it. It was nice to meet Robert's family also. Pictures can be found HERE. I thought we had a good crowd this morning and I was thankful for the kind comments about my lesson. Lord willing, I'll post it on my podcast page tomorrow. Margaret prepared a giant feast for us for lunch including Roast, rice, gravy, baby lima beans, carrots, english peas, corn, bread, key lime pie and cake. We were happy to have the Conerlys join us for lunch. Tonight we had a fellowship at the Boswell's home - including more food. I think I should fast for a week. I'll see how long that resolve lasts. We enjoyed lots of visiting, with about 30 present for the night. We had a devotional and afterwards Gary Boswell and I played guitar for any who could endure my singing. His guitar skills are way off the charts. I'll upload pics on the picture page tomorrow. I did manage to get a two hour nap today, so all in all it was a great weekend. It looks like a quiet week ahead in the hurricane relief department. David Kilbern is finally going to find some time to go fishing for a few days toward the end of the week. He certainly deserves it. Let's just keep on praying that the tropics remain as quiet as they have to this point. Of course I'll keep you posted as time goes by! Thanks for reading. Hope your weekend was a good one as well. Don't forget to stop by Christian Crisis Resources blog. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting