Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Saturday, August 21, 2004

Agnosticism of Grace

Tonight I caught part of a rerun of Larry King interviewing Julia Child. The expert interviewer quizzing the renowned chef. What an odd sad sight to listen to two agnostics discussing the afterlife. No idea what may or may not happen, if anything. It's kind of like listening to two Christians talk about whether or not they think they're saved. Grace agnostics ... Unable to find true rest and peace in Jesus Christ. If we are lost and adrift in our faith, how do we propose to send a strong and sure message to those who are lost and adrift in sin? I believe I am saved but I do not always feel like it. When I'm feeling lost and abandoned by God is when I need to 'remix' my thoughts and remember that my security is not in myself but in Him. I don't think we have much hope of helping the spiritual agnostics of the world until we abandon a kind of agnosticism of grace.