Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Monday, August 16, 2004

Blogatrition

Out Here Hope Remains ... what kind of blog is this? *First, it's a blog that may not exist ... if existence requires readers. If someone blogs on the internet and no one reads, does it cost more? *I think there was some hope that great concepts that require input from varied sources would be discussed here in such a way that there would be amazement at both the enlightenment and ignorance of the writers. *Shall it be scholarly ... careful (some of my parishoners may actually read this stuff!) ... funny ... dispassionate ... foggy ... or ... what? Yes, but not too much. *Risky ... yes ... the more one reveals about his own thoughts, the more open he is to attack! Some people never think about being attacked by others. They have never been attacked. The ones who have been shot in the back will always be a bit wary. But what's the fun of reading a bunch of carefully crafted material that may be couched in language that is vague enough to warrant more than one interpretation in case of attack? No fun to me. *So, I'm not too worried about writing "articles" ... trying to be funny or serious ... trying to fit in one mold or another ... I think I'll just be me here (with a normal amount of hiding of the worst about me, and a normal amount of magnifying whatever good about me). Joel says he has some contributions to make to the blog. Right. I have invited another twenty-something person to contribute ... but ... I'm not sure he can figure it out. Actually I'd like someone who has a lot of friends to become a main contributor ... so someone would actually read. Thanks, Chris, for reading ... which makes me wonder ... just how bored are you? (those are not beers ... they are ... um ... apple ciders ... with ... whipped cream on top ... geez ... paranoia is a creeping form of protestantism.)