Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Monday, August 16, 2004

Mondays

A lot of people dread Mondays ... but I like Mondays. Because I'm a preacher, I have a six day buffer between me and the next day that I have to speak three times. But aside from that it seems to me that Mondays offer a fresh new start. The week ahead will certainly have some surprises and some hurdles ... but Monday morning seems free of all of that. Yes, there are duties that belong to Monday ... but the past week is over and now we can set our course for another week. Mondays remind me that life doesn't have to just "happen" ... we can intentionally carve out for ourselves a meaningful week. Sometimes I feel like a crash-test-dummy who is just cruising through life at a rate of speed that is a little over the safe speed limit and at some point it's going to come to a sudden stop. Not a pretty sight! We're not crash-test-dummies, though. We do have a voice in the circumstances of our lives. Mondays remind me to get back on track. God made the sky on a Monday ... before it was called Monday ... so I should spend my day looking up.