Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Thursday, September 23, 2004

2 N A Row

Less of a coincidence. Joel, thank you for reading my last post, but frankly, your comments stung. John, your first comment carried a bit of a sting as well, and i appreciated your later nice comment, but the it was clearly a cover up. I came into my office late tonight, trying to make you all proud by posting more often, but John and Joel's comments to yesterday's post, knocked the wind out of my sails. If you know me, then you may be shocked by this negative, pointed, and loathesome blog comment...but i'm being real--don't ever forget, that is what we do here...say the real things on our hearts. I've made a career out of "sluffing" things off. My thick skin has many scars, some very deep. I just want to make you laugh, be a satirical voice of inspiration, sarcasm, make you proud, and know that you appreciate and respect me, even if you don't love me. i know you love me--i'm afraid that your love for me outweighs your respect and trust for me. Should i really post this...it will all either come across as an attack on John and Joel, or all seem like a big joke to John and Joel...neither of which i intend. I am amazed, i never thought i would be this open and honest. To all of you who read this blog, please answer this question, and post a comment: "What is the biggest lie you ever told?" When i was in 8th grade, I broke my arm at a youth rally trying to beat up another student, and when i got home i told my parents i slipped and broke my arm. they believed me for 6 or 7 years until i finally told them the truth. I had been punching a guy in the chest and face and missed, breaking my forearm by forcefully using it to accidentaly hit his forehead. I told my dad i slipped on a blanket in the hotel room and hit the dude in the head. i kept part of the truth, but edited out my rage until years later, coming to grips with my lie. So please comment, what is the biggest lie you ever told...explain...did you come clean?