Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

confession

forgive me father, for i have... it has been 13 days since my last post. i wore slacks, patent leather shoes and a tommy button up to biloxi high school this morning to have lunch with Wachovia Fortenberry, a very sweet, smart, and Godly student who attends my congregation regularly--and most of the youth functions. to keep things interesting, i wore "no show" socks with my lace-up dress shoes that were masked by the lengthy pant legs. i can rebel even when i attempt to conform. for my next visit to biloxi high school for lunch, i'll be able to adjurn from dressing up and arrive at the front office in the usual jeans or shorts, t-shirt, and my Etnies or flip flops. the first visit, though, i dress to impress (well not really, i just don't have a business card, they never call my office anyway to check me out to see if i am really who i say i am, a minister, but from experience i get through the office and past the assistant prinicpal in record time on my first visit if i wear something casually nice. note, i have went on a first visit to a school for lunch to meet the principal in jeans, and my charisma got me in. once they accept you to be a minister then they are cool. Joel, i promise i'll respond to your next post. I had a great visit with Will Collins at his dorm room in montgomery, al at faulkner university, "pre-ivan". It was a delicious adventure. Thank you Will for your time. I had a less than delicious meeting with John Dobbs at Cracker Barrell, "post-ivan." It was less than appetizing to see John approach me from the Southern end of the dining room with a smilish face just as i heaped a mouthful of fried okra in the space in between my rows of teeth. Thanks for the hug John. did anyone else get an invitation to the CCCofC email group? i joined up, but did not recognize a soul on the membersip list of the group when i glanced by. As usual when something odd happens, i blame John Dobbs. so, johnnydobby, it was you who betrayed me with a kiss. say three hail... and do two... and absolvea ino mena patre, et filie, in spiritu sanctu, amen