Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Friday, November 12, 2004

in case of a mid-life crisis

alternative for mid life crisis purchases... #1 clean out your closet of everthing you haven't worn in the last six months, because take it from me you won't wear it again...(by the time i finally lost enough weight to fit into my old smaller clothes they were so out of style that even teenagers wouldn't have wanted to buy them at a thrift store even if they spraypainted and saftey pinned them...so throw them out now while Goodwill can actually sell them) #2 give away something that you love dearly to a close friend (that does not live in your house) #3 throw a bunch of stuff away...if you died right now, how much crap that you think is made of gold would your family pick up and go, "this is crap, throw it out"(I'll definitly have to start taking my own advice on this one...I've got boxes and stacks of things "i can't live without" yet i rarely look at or use them. I know as soon as i die my wife will go, "ok that stuff we could have thrown out years ago that Steve never touched or used but 'had to have' that junk's all in the trash now he's kicked the can.") i vote for doing the opposite of what we want to do. a midlife crisis is all about validating our selves and what we've accomplished on this earth. buying something to say to ourselves "i've made it! i've done my time and i deserve this" let's validate our selves and our work on this earth by saying..."i've made it! i've done it. i've arrived. here is my wisdom about life. take what i have, i don't need it anymore."