Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Proverbs 1:8-19, NDV

Warning Against Enticement 8 Listen, my son, to your father's instruction and do not forsake your mother's teaching. 9 They will be a sweatband to grace your head and a towel to adorn your neck. 10 My son, if food entices you, do not give in to the desire to eat. 11 If a fat man says, "Come to the table and join us; let's lie in wait for someone to serve us, let's make sure that we get seconds; 12 let's swallow the food down, like the grapes, and whole, like those who go down to the pit bar-b-que; 13 we will get all sorts of delectable tastes and fill our stomaches with plunder; 14 throw in your lot with us, and we will share a common dessert cart"- 15 my son, do not go along with them, do not eat food on their paths; 16 for their feet rush into indigestion, they are swift to eat in abundance. 17 How useless to spread a feast in full view of all the gluttons! 18 These men lie in wait for their own heart attacks; they destroy only themselves! 19 Such is the end of all who go after fattening pies and cakes; it takes away the lives of those who get it. Proverbs 1:8-19, adapted by John Dobbs (I don't know how you'll take this. I'm not out to offend anyone. It is written by one who struggles with an out of control appetite. I'm in week 4 of Weight Watchers. Like those addicted to ciggarrettes, drugs, alcohol ... I have a compulsive behavior that is of my own making. I don't write this with self-pity, nor to gain anything from readers ... just a recognition that every sin is dealt with in the same way - by the wisdom of God. Blessings, John)