Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Sunday, June 26, 2005

He Has Something to Say

Chief on my mind this week is the COAST YOUTH REVIVAL with John Alan Turner. JATurner wrote a few things about it on his blog, located HERE. Tonight we got off to a great start. It was a good ending to a long day. Pictures are located on my picture page - link to be found in the sidebar to the left. I hope to update them with more pics each night. I have been looking forward to this Revival for a long time, but the time spent today with John Alan renewed my expectations for what God can do with this event. Perhaps I am too event-driven. I have tried to re-orient myself toward relationships - but I still love a great event. It energizes my spirit to see a crowd gathered to worship the Lord. The singing from the POWER OF PRAISE praise team makes my heart race. And especially if the crowd is made up of a bunch of teenagers. The way they give themselves over to praising God blesses me. As much as I love a big loud bold gathering, the heart-tuning work of the kingdom is best done one-on-one or in a small group of friends. That's where the real mettle of faith is tested. It is easy to scream his name in the middle of ten thousand fans (or even 100). It is a bit more difficult when it is me and one other person, both of us seeking God's will for our lives. But for this week, I'd like to scream with the fans ... and enjoy a great youth revival! God fill us up with your Spirit! And let us listen to John Alan Turner. The man has something to say.