Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Thursday, June 23, 2005

In Every Way

I'll admit that I have a bit of post-vacation depression. It's not just the way that my vacation ended (or that my van will be in the shop until Tuesday). I'm thankful that we are HOME and home SAFELY. Not much else matters, beyond that. But I can't get back in the swing of things. I escaped all of the stuff that goes on here for a week, and now it feels intensified. I did jump back into a big weekend followed by a big week ahead. Saturday we will have another Praising in the Park event, this time in Biloxi. A few of our members are skittish of the inter-denominational feel of all of this. But we're not embracing each other's beliefs...we are embracing each other as believers in Jesus. I see nothing sinful in that. Following that we will begin Coast Youth Revival with John Alan Turner. I am so looking forward to becoming re-acquainted with my friend. The teens are going to love his messages and be touched / changed through the message. I really can't wait. But all of that demands organizing and making things happen. It calls on me to call on others. They are in addition to the other demands on my time. So I'm looking through CBD's Spring and Summer gift catalog. And there on a faux antique plaque is the message I needed. Straight from the Word, the Apostle Paul whispered in my ear... Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you. [2 Thessalonians 3:16] Waves of calm just wash over me when I read that. Take a moment to just let these truths soak in a bit. God is the "Lord of Peace". He gives peace (no charge?) Peace is available at ALL TIMES (even now). And In Every Way (in just the way I need peace). And He is with me (about what was I worried?) Now I just have to figure out why I needed a picture of a resin wall-hanging in a gift catalog to remind me of the eternal truth of God. Actually, I don't have to figure that out. I just need to accept His peace that goes beyond my understanding. I am stong When I am on your shoulders, You raise me up To more than I can be. --You Raise Me Up, Selah Image hosted by Photobucket.com