Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

One of One Thousand

Katrina Pictures HERE. Well, it's late today and I'm pretty tired. So, I'm going to bypass the urgent needs lists and the pleas for help and just share with you a letter that arrived today from Maine. It arrived in multiple copies in small plastic bags. Each bag contained a baby blanket. I will present to you the letter as it is written ... and not reflect on it for you. I think it speaks for itself. 9-12-05 These afgans were made by my wife, Barbara M******, who died August 1, 2004, after 17 years with cancer. During her years of treatment she kept her mind and hands busy by doing various crafts. Knitting was a favorite, and she would knit until she could no longer hold the needles. Her favorite pattern was these infant afgans. Because some of the chemo she was on made her hands very sensitive, she found the softest yarn for these blankets. I have been saving these for a special occasion, and I think this is it. May God bless those who receive these afgans, those who are helping, and all the victims of Katrina. Robert M***** Bangor, ME