Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Silence Is Golden

The first morning of our visit to the cabin in LaGrange found me awaking before sunrise. I took about 40 pictures of the beautiful misty sunrise coming over a small mountain and shining down on the pond. It was so quiet. I could hear the songbirds awakening with the new light of day. I could hear the geese, and the cows, and unidentifyable creatures. What beauty. The exciting part of our first day at the cabin was cooking breakfast. Our hostess had stocked the refrigerator and cabinets with food for us. We haven't cooked our own breakfast in four and half months! We spent our first day in the small shops of Warm Springs, GA. I bought a book about Warm Springs and learned all about Franklin Roosevelt's connection there. I am so ignorant of history that it was all brand new to me. I read the entire book (it had a lot of pictures). Tuesday night Gary and Donna Kirkendall and son Daniel took us to a nice Italian restaurant where daughter Kara waited on us. It was a great night! Wednesday we did nothing all day. It was great to do a presentation at the Broad Street Church of Christ in LaGrange. We had some audio/video troubles, but Ben Overby and Donna Kirkendall got them worked out in the nick of time. The presentation was very well received. We have a few painters and maybe some others who are now wanting to come down and work. Thursday we spent looking at furniture - as we have to get some things into our home. Then we had lunch with Ben Overby and Gary Kirkendall. It is our plan to return home tomorrow or Saturday. Right now we're unsure. We did receive word from home that our kitchen is now fully functional ... Praise the Lord! And thanks to Paul England! And thanks to the Memorial Drive Church of Christ in Tulsa, OK, who purchased a dishwasher for us at Christmas time. We are so excited at the steps of progress being made at our house little by little! I just wanted to check in with you guys. I do not have internet at the cabin, for which I am thankful! Below is a sunrise picture from the deck of our cabin.