Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Prayers and Hope

I wasn't at the building very much today. I tried to get ahead of myself a bit for tomorrow and spent most of the day doing that. I did get by to visit the new crew that has arrived from Pennsylvania. Looks like a great week ahead! Of course they have a big interest in the Super Bowl, so tomorrow afternoon we'll have a big Super Bowl blast and enjoy some time together. Maybe I'll even take pictures! I need you to pray for two people tonight. I really feel I would be invading their lives to tell what their struggles are. God will know who they are ... but pray for the two souls ... both enslaved within their own addictions. I spent a few hours in the emergency room tonight, feeling totally helpless. The drug culture surrounds us, along with those who are caught up in the lie and cannot escape. My heart breaks for all of them. My prayers are for them to know the Father who loves them in spite of their failures, and who can heal them in spite of their weakness. Tonight David was making a delivery to a man who has not seen his family since the storm. His home is totally wiped away ... down to the slab. He has lived in a small FEMA trailer. It's about to get smaller. His wife and two children are coming "home". It will be a bittersweet reunion... happy to see one another, and a recognition that there's no where to turn around in that camper. It is just reality on the Mississippi Coast. Have a great time worshiping with the family tomorrow. I will be talking about our responsibility as messengers of hope. God is speaking to our world ... and one way is through his Family. The message? There is hope, so hang on to Jesus.