Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Thursday from the Other Coast

Well, not yet ... but tomorrow, Lord willing, I will fly out to Los Angeles, drive up to Malibu, and join the fun at Pepperdine University. I will be helping out at the disaster relief booth. I hope to make some new friends and share our need for help down here with those on the left Coast. If you're around those parts, I hope to meet you! Of course, I hope to take lots of pictures. I am uncertain if I will be able to post anything while I'm out in California. We'll see! Sunday in my place will be Eddie Lewis, Minister of Involvement with the Germantown (TN) Church of Christ near Memphis. Eddie and Judy are old friends of mine. Back in the 'old days' I was a youth minister in Cleveland, Mississippi where he was the preaching minister. I thought I knew everything and he gently tried to lead me to a more realistic view. I will have to give him and Judy an A+ for patience, and for believing in me. Eddie performed our marriage ceremony. Eddie will speak twice Sunday morning, and then Monday - Wednesday nights at 7:00. Judy will host a ladie's gathering Sunday afternoon at 2:30. Everyone's invited to attend, as always! I have updated my podcast page with tonight's devotional. You do not have to have an IPOD to listen, you can listen right from the site. Of course if you have an IPOD, you can do the very cool free subscription thing where John will be downloaded automatically. That's scary. Well, I have to get up in four hours, so I think I'll go. Have a great weekend ... and perhaps I'll check in on you sooner than Monday ... who knows? Stay close to God.