Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Interrupted Or Not

Image hosted by Webshots.com Today was one of those days when I went to the office with certain things in mind to do, and didn't get a one of them done. I might say I was interrupted continuously, or I might say that God had other plans for my day. I might say I didn't get anything done, or I might say that I was blessed to spend some special time with special people. You know, the things I intended to do were not nearly as precious to me as the people God has put in my path. Thank you for the encouraging comments both on the blog and privately about my work here with Central. I really do believe that God will open doors ... I'm just not sure which doors. How do you get a sneak preview of your life? I guess you can't do that. I had a good phone call today from Sarasota, Florida today about a group that wants to come help in October. I also had long talks today with Mike King, Robbie Woods, and Jeff Campbell. Robbie begins his new job with Signal International on Wednesday. I am so happy for him, because it represents an awesome chance to get his life on track in a great way. Image hosted by Webshots.com Jeff Campbell is looking for some churches to visit and give a slide show and appeal for workers. If you would like to have him come, let me know. He is about to head back to Virginia at the first of November and wanted to use the time in between to tell others about the work here. I encouraged him to do a blog about his plans. If he does, I will point you that way. It was also a joy today to visit with Ralph Coles and his wife as they travel across the Coast. They are associated with Churches of Christ Diaster Relief Effort, Inc. He told me that they have visited 13 other church relief efforts, and none of them had volunteer groups present. I think everyone needed a break, and the peak of hurricane season looked like a good time. But one thing's for sure, we cannot stop now. There remains more to do than we can imagine. In The News.... Florence is born. Huge Montana Wildfire far from contained. September is National Preparedness Month. FEMA Aid Tops $9 Billion. In the Blogs... Margie Keiper's latest blog on the destruction in East Ocean Springs and Gautier. Patrick Mead Offers One Idea As To Why We Are Afraid. Mike Cope Asks Why We Have A Hard Time Finding Refreshment...Sabbath. How Deep Can You Go? Try Bobby Valentine's Recent Reading List! Steve Thurman ponders the verbs of the Great Commission. If God Wrote a Poem...Rusty Peterman contemplates. Rick needles us by pinpointing God's desire to have what we do not want to give.