Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Narcolepsy

Narcolepsy -A disorder characterized by sudden and uncontrollable, though often brief, attacks of deep sleep, sometimes accompanied by paralysis and hallucinations. I haven't slept well in the past week or so. I sorta know that that it is a combination of things. I have been on an eating jag lately. I am nervous about a sermon I have to give Sunday night to the area churches at an area wide worship service. Plus I just have too many things to attend to. Sometimes it piles up. I wonder if I could leave a note on Adrian's blog and get some medical advice. Last night I got four hours of sleep. I found myself several times today having drifted off to sleep (thankfully, no paralysis nor hallucinations!). It's a weird feeling when you do not expect to fall asleep, but suddenly awaken. Did the Prodigal have a kind of spiritual narcolepsy when he came to his senses? I get the feeling sometimes that when it comes to the church, narcolepsy is a common malady. But then again, maybe I'm the one who's asleep at the wheel and will awaken suddenly one day soon? I'll let you know. But for now ... I'm going to try to do some intentional sleeping.