Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Faith When We Feel Empty

Looking back I can finally see How failures bring humility Brings me to my knees Helps me see my need for Thee ---Lead of Love by Caedmon's Call We might be tempted to think that we are only exercising faith when we feel full of God's Spirit. Do you ever feel empty - and wonder if God is ashamed of you ... or unhappy with you ... because your fire is burning low? I think maybe in those times we tend to rest in God's arms more than we do when we feel full of Him. At times when we feel so full of God we are likely full of ourselves. 2 Corinthians 12:10 says, "That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." In your times of feeling empty and weak, find a quiet time with God, and just rest in Him. Trust Him. Tell Him. And in your emptiness you will find a renewed hunger ... a thirst ... a need that only He can fill. He promises to draw near to you ... He will. In those empty times, faith really does burn bright because when you were emptied out of yourself, He filled up your heart with His presence. Jesus emptied himself for His task on earth. I really don't know exactly what that means, but I do believe that when I am emptied of myself God can make me more fit to do His will.