Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Monday, May 09, 2005

A Recommended Read

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Greetings! I want to recommend a new book that has just been published called "Pardon the Inspiration". This excellent book is by my friend Al Sturgeon. It is a book of devotionals that carry a common theme of sports. If you love sports, you will enjoy this book. (I am not a sports fan, but I still love the book!) The book carries endorsements by such sports figures as... Baily Howell, former NBA star and now elder in the Starkville, MS church. Gary Gaines, Head Football Coach of Abilene Christian University (made famous by the movie Friday Night Lights) Steve Freeman, NFL Defensive back and NFL Official Rod Barnes, Men's Basketball Coach at Ole Miss. Plus a really special testimony by Baseball Hall of Famer, George Kell. The book is 181 pages. The author is the Preaching Minister of the Ocean Springs Church of Christ on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. More than any of the 100 great things I could tell you about Al, I would just liket to tell you that he is my friend - and a great writer. The book is available on his website: http://www.centerfieldpublishing.com I encourage you to buy one for yourself, one for the church library, one for a sports fan you would like to reach for Jesus, one for your brother, your husband, your son, your buddys, and one for your dad for Father's Day! That's my glowing endorsement of a worthwile book!