Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Intermittent Wipers

Watching the scenes unfold on Fox, CNN, MSNBC, The Weather Channel ... anyone who might show video footage from our Pascagoula home. We have heard third hand reports about the condition of town, but as with most of these kind of things, some reports are contradictory. Watching the human tragedy in New Orleans develop leaves me grateful for my relatively easy path through this destruction...and perplexed as to why there has been no relief for the refugees on the interstate. But it's hard to stay focused. Tears come at unexpected times. My hands operating like intermittent wipers sweeping across the vision field of my life. I'm scared I'm making wrong decisions, and afraid that I'm not making decisions that need my attention. I'm considering trying to make my way to Pensacola tomorrow. Friday a group from Gateway will travel to the Mississippi Coast to offer relief and help. I can ride with them and stay with my friend Danny. This would be my first eyewitness of the destruction. We got news today that there would be a gas shortage and no gas would be sold for the next few days - here in North Mississippi! That makes it scary to take a road trip in a minivan. Then I look below my blog post from yesterday and see all the responses. What a comfort and joyh you all are to me. Thank you so much for your love and support. I will attempt to answer all of your questions. Thanks for all of your expressions of prayer, perspective, and comfort. James, I do not know how to get in touch with Les, but he is home. The report (third hand) is that his house is "damaged, but liveable". I'm not sure what that means exactly. Cellular service is down on the Coast. Bill, enjoyed talking to you. Christie, your dad did get in touch with me. Tommy, thanks for the offer. I will let you know when I know something about work crews, etc. Jovan, I did talk to Steve today. He was travelling with an FBI friend to Ocean Springs, then back to Montgomery. If I talk to him again I will tell him that you are trying to get in touch with him. He is in good spirits. No surprise there! Aunt Bee & Karen... my Canadian friends...thanks for keeping up with me. A friend has painted a vision for what can happen in Pasacagoula ... a vision I do not think I could have had on my own ... so I hope to share some of that with you next time I have opportunity. I do not know when that will be. Thanks for all you've done to bless my heart.