Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Quick Update

I am now in Pensacola, Florida at my friend Danny and Terri Dodd's home. We will go to Pascagoula, Ocean Springs, Gulfport tomorrow delivering supplies. This will be my first look at my home. I have a third-hand report that the house is standing and looks ok from the street. We rejoice in that good news. Our church building has water in it. It is further north than our house. Anyhow, I will take some pictures tomorrow and perhaps post a few tomorrow night. I was glad to hear that my Mother's home, near New Orleans, was secure with only outside damage. But they are unable to go home. New Orleans is no place to be these days. We anticipate being overwhelmed tomorrow, but trust God's grace and know that He will see us through. We are getting many calls / e-mails offering financial help for the church here. Some of our members definitely lost their homes, we do not know how many. Some have suggested sending money to organizations. Some organizations are fine and do a good job for what they do. However, personalized giving is much better directed to people who can meet specific needs, not just generic needs. I suggest that you send any donations to the Gateway church of Christ. Earmark them for whichever Gulf Coast church of Christ you would like to receive your gift. God bless them for helping us in this way. Gateway Church of Christ 245 Brent Lane Pensacola, FL 32503 Already they have received gifts and we may be able to pass those gifts on to those in need tomorrow. We also will have ongoing needs for the ministry in Pascagoula. I will outline those needs in another post on another day once it is thought out ... but I suppose that we will need support for at least two years to re-establish the church here. Thanks for all of your love and comments, they lift my heart and spirit more than you know. To you, it is only leaving a comment. To me, it is a lifeline to people who care. Grace and Peace to You in Abundance!