Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Thursday, November 24, 2005

The Path of List Resistance

Yes, most of my blog buddies have lists of things for which they are grateful. Yes, it is THANKSgiving, so what could be more appropriate? YES, I am very grateful for many many things. But just to be different, I will not offer a list today. YES, this gives me a bit of anxiety. Maybe some of you will think I'm not grateful for much since I didn't make a list. Lists are deceptive. They seem to really show thought and perception. But really, there are always so many things that do not make the list. Who can list ALL of the things for which they are grateful? Or even a top ten that doesn't change day by day? Anyhoo, I write all of that with a wink and a grin. It is never wrong to be thankful. I enjoyed my visit with my mom and dad very much. I especially enjoyed meeting my new neice (seven months old). I enjoyed the great food my mom and sis-in-law prepared. I enjoyed sleeping in a real bed and not being far away from the 'facilities'. I enjoyed learning that there are several Texas readers of this blog, but they just never comment. This is starting to sound like a list of things for which I am grateful. I look forward to rejoining the relief effort tomorrow, meeting some new friends, and beginning to plan for Sunday. If you read Dee Andrew's comment on my post yesterday, I know you have been in prayer for her and Tom. An event that is normally stressful is super-stressful these days. And an event like they have endured, which is super-stressful already, is just all the more intense. You are loved, Dee & Tom ... I hope tonight has brought a little peace and some time together. Here's a few pics of my brother and his wonderful family from Texas!