Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Unexpected

While each day holds within it the unexpected, today was moreso for me. Last night my knee swelled up and started throbbing with pain. I believe I have a bone spur in my knee that gave me some trouble some years ago .... but something must have irritated it. I couldn't sleep most of the night until I finally got into a recliner. Recliner? How is that? Wellllll....... brother Rusty from Conway, AR gave us a couch and loveseat while he was here. It was his dad's. The ends let out like a recliner. So, I sat in one end of the couch, and in the recliner I finally found some relief. (Thanks, Rusty!) I spent most of the day in the recliner and felt pretty good. So we went out to eat late this afternoon and stopped off at Wal-Mart for a heating pad (ours is packed away in storage somewhere). My knee is letting me know tonight that it is unhappy with that moving around. So I'll be here the rest of the night. I will still plan to preach tomorrow, but that will be about it. I hope to see a doctor Monday for some kind of relief from the pain. So, I missed out on all of the adventure at the building today. I know some new people arrived, and I haven't been blessed enough to meet them yet. Some people left, and I didn't get to tell them goodbye and thanks. The big change at the church building is the absence of the big red and white tent. That was taken down yesterday and we will be clearing that area. The tent came from Brentwood Hills Church of Christ in Nashville, and we are very thankful for their help with this. I hope you all have a great Sunday with your church Family. Below: Vivian Rea (Pascagoula, MS) and Elsie England (Paducah, KY)