Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Four Ready To Paint

It was a cold and rainy day here on the Coast. The workers from Pennsylvania are doing a fantastic job. They are working hard and have such a great spirit. I'm told that we should have four houses ready to paint this week. That means sheetrock is up, floated, sanded. Big step for four families. This past Sunday the workers were taking it easy. Some of them asked Elsie England what she needed in the kitchen. She pointed to a corner and requested a small shelf in a certain spot. They got to work and before they were through there was about eight feet of shelving, three shelves high. Awesome! To thank them tonight, Elsie set a beautiful dinner with tablecloths, roses, and candles. The spirit of giving - even among the workers - is continuously growing. I spent the morning surrounded by medical facilities! I went to the hospital to do some visiting, but I have not met the new chaplain yet. I'm waiting to meet him and have a talk about how I can assist him before I do any visiting on my own. I left my number for him to call. I also had a doctor's appointment. I've let several things 'go' until after the first of the new year, and here we are. As I suspected (and this will come as no surprise) I have been diagnosed with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. So I have to wear these cumbersome wrist splints until I have surgery on both wrists. Before that happens there is another test that has to be done. I have some other procedures coming up, but I'll just tell you about them as they happen. Nothing BIG ... so don't imagine anything horrific! We continue to receive calls from people who want to come and help. I just rejoice in these offers! Yes, we still need help! Take a moment and bookmark Bud Yoder's blog located HERE. Bud also works with Hope missions of Pennsylvania - the group that's here now. I was blessed to meet him about a month ago. Also don't forget to check out GARY KIRKENDALL'S NEW BLOG. You remember those first few weeks when you wondered if anyone was reading! And by the way, I do thank you for reading.