Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Monday, February 06, 2006

MAIL

Heard often on Blue's Clues: Mail Time, Mail Time Mail Time! Heres the mail, it never fails It makes me wanna wag my tail, And when it comes I wanna squale MAIL! (How often have you seen THAT on a hurricane blog!) The crew from Pennsylvania rested yesterday, but they revved it up a notch today. I was going to take pictures a few times today, but never did make it. Maybe tomorrow! I did want to share with you two items that came in the mail in the past few days. First let me say that I love mail. It is no secret I am an e-mail fanatic. When I was in college, I literally watched for the mailman to arrive. These days we never know what will arrive in the mail...at home or at the church. We were blessed this week with two very special items. One came from the M.I.N.I. Group - a homescooling group in Fayetteville, AR. Bill and Ann Hickey lead this group of youngsters! I received such a nice envelope packed full of cards, letters, and drawings all encouraging us to keep up the great work on the Coast. They affirmed their prayers ... and they even sponsored a walk a thon and sent almost $600! I cried all the way through the letters and am so grateful to these young people - and their teachers who are sharing such wonderful values with them. Here's a few pictures of the display I put together today with these lovely expressions of support. Also, today there arrived a box at the post office. As I said, I love mail. So I seldom leave the post office parking lot without opening all mail that appears to be personal ... and packages! This box was from the church of Christ at Imperial Beach, California. It was full of home made afghans that were absolutely beautiful. They were such vibrant colors! I was thinking of the hours and hours that went into each one ... and the hands that knitted those blankets in love. These will truly bless some soul that is chilled by the coolness of the season. These are just two examples ... sometimes other things come in the mail as well. God's great big family hasn't forgotten about us ... and they want to reach out and share the love of Jesus with us. I am awestruck by the loveliness of the people of God. Thank you, Church ... what a blessing you are to us. We continue on in our work, and we continue in our desire for your prayers. Thanks for reading!