Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Monday, March 06, 2006

Outreach Continues

I didn't go up to the church building today, but I am assured that the activity level was high. A group of great hard working college students came over and mowed and cleaned up my yard. I have not paid much attention to it since August 29th. They also helped out my neighbor who had some debris in their yard. They were very thankful for the help. Outreach through service continues on the Coast! Right now we have the biggest group of workers we have had since the beginning. Next week will be even more. We are beginning to face some new challenges. Showers, food, logistics ... but we will just do the best we can. I have some new needs placed on our WEBSITE. Check them out and see if you can be of help. Did anyone see me quoted in the latest The Christian Chronicle? Bobby Ross does a great job getting the Chronicle together each month. Plus he is a regular reader of this blog (Hi Bobby!). I liked the picture of me they used in the paper edition. I almost look postmodern, cool, and hip. But not quite. hahaha. Neal Alligood brought another great message tonight at Central. He has brought a lot of energy and joy to the work site. I have enjoyed getting to know this brother from North Carolina. He works with Campus Christian Fellowship, and is a member of the Capital City Christian Church (who has sent workers to the Coast, and is coming back again!). Tomorrow night Al Sturgeon will speak. Al and the Ocean Springs church launched a massive herculean effort to bring relief to the 29 families in their church who had total losses. They also helped many others in the community. When I visited the Ocean Springs site, Al's wife Jody and daughters Erica and Hillary were serving right alongside him. They hosted (and continue to host) workers from across the country as the effort is ongoing. Al's leadership was invaluable as God led him to help those who were left with nothing. This was a natural extention of Al's interest as founder of Habitat for Humanity in West Jackson County. The work with Habitat continues as they set a goal of building 1,000 homes in Jackson County. We look forward to Al's message with great anticipation! Tuesday morning I will have a common medical procedure that will leave me pretty much out of it for the day. I do not expect anything significant to result, but let's keep that in prayer anyway. I am comforted to know that my Creator who knows all of my inward parts is in control of my life. I hope to blog tomorrow night. In the mean time, what do you do with almost 100 college students? Some incredible ministry! Keep us in prayer! Below: Gary Boswell (member at Central) chats with John Sanders (from Rhode Island).