Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Monday, March 20, 2006

Random Thoughts

I sat down to update the blog tonight, and I really do not know what to say. So I perused a few of the many blogs on my BLOG LIST. I noticed Charlie had a new post yesterday I hadn't read. I hope he keeps his blog up after he leaves. It'll be a way to keep up with him. My friend Gary has SKYPE, which allows you to call computer-to-computer free of charge and talk. You can even hook up a camera...so today I bought a little camera and hooked it up. Of course Gary wasn't on line. But no matter, I do not have a microphone. Have to work on that one. But I did get ready to use SKYPE tonight. Today I spent a good bit of time trying to find Robbie some dental care for those who can't afford to pay for it. I'm getting quite an education about these things. In short, no one really is willing to help those who are without money, without Medicaid, without insurance. So what's someone to do who is in intense pain? I took him to the emergency room, and our Singing River Hospital gave him some pain medication and penicillin. But he's really back at square one. I talked some with Chris Lockhart, and he knew of a clinic in Mobile ... but dental patients are now being scheduled for July. Who knows they will have a toothache in July? They will take walk-ins who are in pain at certain times of the day, however, so I think Robbie is trying to get in on one of those times tomorrow. I also went with Esther to visit an elderly man named Charlie. She had visited him before. He has cancer and is nothing but skin and bones. We brought him some Ensure, which he opened right up and drank a bottle. He is bent over, can barely breathe, and is in obvious pain. In addition, his cell phone hasn't worked in a while. So I went to the T-Mobile place in the mall today and used some money from Keith to pay up on his bill. He's good to go now, but I don't know who he will call, aside from hospice or an ambulance. Esther has such compassion for people like Charlie. I feel it in my heart, she puts it into action. I enjoyed the visit with her. While I was at the mall I upgraded my cell phone plan. I am going broke with the amount of time I spend on the phone. It took a long time, and while I was at the counter there was a little girl across the way getting her ears pierced. I couldn't hear what they were saying, but it was obvious to me that the girl did not want to get her ears pierced. Her mother (I presume) and two employees of Claire's store did their best to convince her. Of course I didn't blame her. Who wants to volunteer to be hurt? I felt bad for her, especially when they pointed out another little girl who had pierced ears. What was so important about having her ears pierced? Isn't there plenty of time for her to decide on her own? I ate at Chick-Fil-A and talked on the phone, then wandered down the mall. I saw the mother and the girl buying cookies. The girl had her ears pierced. Maybe I read too much into it, but I thought it was cruel. I thought about suggesting to the mother that she pierce her own nostrils, if she was so intent on piercing something. But I didn't. I was nice. Tonight Les Ferguson, Jr preached at Central. I was glad that Karen and Casey were along. Casey is their new son who was adopted just a few weeks ago. He is precious. Les had a good message about reaching out to all kinds of people with the Gospel. After the message tonight, John Sanders showed a storm video that is quite compelling. Afterwards groups from Missouri and Arkansas had devotionals ... and it could be that some groups were combined. I don't know everyone yet! (Imagine that!) Well there was more to my day ... such as Maggy waiting in the doctor's office for almost seven hours and still not seeing the doctor ... and getting another laptop for the church so that when I travel the church will not be without power point ... and talking with a lady who wanted help, and she wanted it NOW, she had been waiting almost seven months (haven't we all?). It was Monday ... and the work crews worked hard and many people were blessed. God was at work. It's almost midnight.Guess I figured out a few things to say. Thanks for reading!