Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Monday, April 10, 2006

The Rebirth of Robert

Today was a day of working around the house, running to Lowes with Craig, and making some visits with Marvin. Marvin is such a natural with people, and I wish I could be more like him. It was a good day, that ended with a wonderful blessing! Tonight Marvin preached the beautiful and simple gospel of Christ. His message was "It's Life or Death". I will try to post it in the next day or so! As a result of the sermon there were some requests for prayer and our friend Robert was baptized into Jesus. Robert is a big fellow (and so am I), and he towers over me. I took Robert home after worship. He lives in a camper that is not much bigger than he is. His home is destroyed in a flood, as was much of his clothing. Pray for Robert as he begins this new part of his journey. Pray also that our church will reach out to him and offer him the love and Family that he needs. We look forward to getting to know Robert better. Afterwards I went to the Boswells where Craig, Gary, and I stayed up MUCH too late for people our age. Tomorrow we will need lots of coffee - again! But we do not do this often. It's quite a joy. Fellowship really is sweet.