Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Sunday, April 02, 2006

From McComb, Mississippi

This morning at Central we had a great assembly - a packed house. Lots of new hurricane relief workers are in and getting geared up for a big week. I am so excited by the energy of these young people. I wish they could know how truly meaningful it is for them to come and help us. After worship this morning, Maggy and I went to the house to prepare to drive up to McComb, Mississippi, where we are staying tonight. I set all of my clothes for tomorrow out, and then promptly left them on the bed! I preached for the Johnson Grove Church of Christ tonight. It is located just out of Brookhaven. The minister and wife are Otis and Sandra Bowman. Another friend of mine, Doug Kimble and his wife Kathy are members of this church. I have pictures, but didn't bring my mechanism that lets me download them. I'll post them tomorrow, Lord willing. I can't believe how grown the Bowman and Kimble children are! Thanks to Otis and Sandra for buying supper for us tonight. It was great to see them and Kathy. I saw lots of old friends tonight. Also in attendance were Maggy's brother Dickie and his wife, Jan. It was great to see so many people and share our story with them. At Johnson Grove I met a lady who was crying big tears after worship. A kindred soul because she is also a Katrina survivor. She is from Venice, LA, a place where there is still no power and no access. We hugged each other, knowing that we had a common experience, and a common Lord. I did record both this morning's message and tonight's message, and hope to have them up on the net at some point soon. I'm too tired to do that tonight, though. It's been a long day, and a good day. We'll head back home tomorrow after breakfast. Hope your Sunday was a great one. Let's have an awesome week!