Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Saturday Night on the Coast

I hope your Saturday has been a great one. We had wonderful weather on the Gulf Coast and bright beautiful skies. Today we received a shipment of the furniture we bought a few weeks ago. It feels so good to have a real bed, dressers where you can place clothes, and a curio display unit to replace one lost in the storm. It feels great to have a recliner again. Yes, I did manage to take a snooze in my recliner. I even let David Kilbern sit in it. I'm so thankful to those who sent money our way so that we did not have to buy any furniture on credit. God bless you for that. I suspect that some of tomorrow afternoon will be re-arranging, getting piles of clothes off of the floor and into dressers, etc. This was Spring Break for John Robert and Claire. JR spent most of his week assisting with home repairs, which was good for him. He wanted to go out to eat and see a movie, so we did that this evening. I'd like to take him somewhere special this summer. This has been a tough year on the kids, too. Maybe that opportunity will present itself. Tonight I spent a good bit of time on the phone with Carla Calhoun, my disaster relief mentor and partner in ministry (www.christiancrisisresources.com) and sister in Christ. She reminded me that there was no permanent link from this blog to that website. We are now scheduled to present information on disaster relief at the Pepperdine Lectures (thanks to Carla's hard work). Some church ought to adopt Carla. She is a wealth of information and experience, having worked for both FEMA and the American Red Cross. So many churches are interested in disaster relief ministries. More and more churches are adding "Disaster Relief Minister" to their staff. Excellent idea - and Carla would be perfect to head that up for some congregation. Late tonight are preparations for tomorrow's service. I hope that there are many people all over the world who will attend worship tomorrow. I hope that they hear a message about Christ. I hope that their hearts are open and that many will be saved. I pray that God's Spirit will bless us at Central and give us energy and hope for the days ahead.