Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Thursday Night on the Coast

Today was quite a contrast to the past few days. I started painting an old table we were able to save from the flood. I'll finish it tomorrow. We mostly worked on getting everything out of the den so that the crew could start work on the tile floor in there today - which they did. How exciting to make so much progress so quickly. At the same time I overheard a man at the post office say that he was moving out of his camper. His friend asked him if his house was finished. He replied that it was not, but one bedroom was, and that was enough. Marvin and the Tulsa Crew met a waitress at Waffle House that had her house gutted, but nothing else done to it yet. So we rejoice and are thankful for all help we receive, and at the same time we recognize that there is much yet to do. The California crew will head home in the morning, and we will have only a few here for the next week or so. I did find the owner of that digital camera. I'm glad to get it back to him - when I can get around to it! Tonight we watched The Chronicles of Narnia (first time for me and Maggy). What a beautiful epic. I am so glad I watched it. We also watched Mark Lowery Goes to Hollywood. Great gospel music and some good laughs made that a great choice. I can't remember when I spent an evening just watching television. It really has been a long time. I'm preparing for Resurrection Sunday. Growing up I only recall sermons about how we do not recognize holidays. I am glad that many churches have abandoned that opinion and have used these special days to draw attention to Jesus in a powerful way. Why should the fictional easter bunny get all the attention? Let the reigning Savior and Sovereign Lord be glorified in His church forevermore!