Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Blue in Malibu

Just a quick post from Malibu. From where I'm sitting in the Sandbar internet cafe on the campus of Pepperdine University I can see the Pacific Ocean. This is one beautiful place! I'm afraid it's been a disappointing visit for me, though. I must have picked up a virus on the plane ride or somewhere. It hit me Friday morning just before the class I was supposed to speak in. So, while I was supposed to be speaking, I was enduring nausea, fever, lightheadedness ... awful. I spent all day in bed. I feel some better this morning, although phlebitis has developed in my left leg ... this happens every 15 months or so. I am SO ready to go home. I was able to get dressed and hear Don McLaughlin last night, along with worship led by Hallel and Ken Young. It was a wonderful service. I'm sure this was a great lectureship...I just spent my time here in bed sick. My flight home is Monday. I hope to worship Sunday morning with the Hilltop Community Church of Christ in El Segundo. They have a massive relief effort in New Orleans and are concerned about the amount of work to be done throughout the Coast. I did see several friends here, and I'm thankful for that. I'll post some pictures later. Just wanted to give you an update on my visit to California. Sorry it's not a brighter one!