Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Monday, May 22, 2006

Monday on the Coast

I'll just get the personal stuff out of the way. Yes, I sat in my chair all day today. The leg seems a bit better, but it still has a ways to go. Just when you think you're invincible.... I've been answering e-mails and working on things I can do from my computer. In some of my time off I've been watching DVDs of the first season of The X Files. What a cool show. I remember not liking it when it was on the air. I like the slogan that appears on the screen during the opening music: The Truth Is Out There. Yes it is! You 24 addicts now have to wait for another season to find out what someone is going to do with Jack Baur, kidnapped again. (oops... you haven't seen it yet? Sorry!) This guy should have a built-in homing device or something. No, I didn't watch it ... but the family does. Tomorrow night we will know who the next American Idol is... but if you're like me, it's kind of a snore at this point. Not what they intended, I'm sure. Enough TV talk. I don't even have a TV in the room where I'm in my chair! Today David says it was a hectic day at the church building with a lot of people coming in for help. He tries to meet with each one and have a talk with them about their life and letting God be a part of it. I think the youth group that's here from Cordelle, OK did some lawn mowing today. Tomorrow I have a meeting with some friends to get our camp week together. We are way behind on this, so I cannot put it off any longer. We go to camp on June 11 for the week. I also promised David I would make some calls from our work orders to see who can receive some couches and chairs that are coming in Wednesday. We want to get them placed so that we do not have to store them. These are slightly used, but we are told they are in great shape. This will be a great addition to the flood victim's homes. Just a few notes on iPod and Podcasting that relate to the comments left yesterday and today. Tommy, I think you can right click and save the file as an mp3 on the podcast pages...but I'm not sure. Steve, my recorder is an Olympus 240pc and it fits right in my pocket while I'm preaching. I just have to tether it to the computer, download it there, upload it to pod-o-matic and there ya go. Patrick, I will be downloading your sermons. Thanks for the information. Tonight I sent out a hundred or so e-mails detailing some of our needs here (these can be found at www.123Jesus.com). I always feel like a reminder is a healthy thing. I'll end up tonight telling you about my friend Norman Bales' new blog. I Love his introduction: My name is Norman Bales. I'm an old guy. I remember houses without electricity, gasoline that sold for less than 3o cents a gallon, and hot weather without airconditioning. I'm trying to keep up with the changing world of the third millennium. This blog is my latest attempt to adjust to change. His blog is located HERE. I recommend you bookmark it!