Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Sunday on the Coast

We had a good attendance this morning with members and visitors present. I wasn't thrilled with my sermon, but maybe it helped someone! We had a very positive church meeting following the worship our. We are working on our organization, having lost our eldership and we were down to one trustee. So, little by little we are regaining some of our pre-storm stability. After worship our family went to La Fiesta Brava for lunch. I have been craving some mexican cuisine all week long in my chair. It was very good. Then we needed a few things from Wal-Mart and went there. By the time I got back in my chair it was 3:00 and my foot was starting to swell up. Guess I'm not ready for this running around yet. I'm getting too impatient I suppose. I rested the rest of the day. I called my parents. My dad is home and feeling some better. He has doctors appointments tomorrow. Tonight a youth group from Cordelle, Oklahoma arrived. They, and two brothers from Dalton, GA, will be the only folks in this week. The group from Wichita Falls, Texas is headed to Pensacola tomorrow for a fun day before heading back home Tuesday. I was able to visit with this group a little today for the first time. They had scheduled a Senior trip to Cancun, Mexico, but decided to come to the Coast and work instead. Isn't that inspirational! This afternoon David Kilbern took them out into the Gulf for some fishing, which I know they enjoyed. I know he enjoyed it, also. He doesn't get to do nearly as much of that as he would have liked. His charter boat business is basically stagnant as he devotes his time to hurricane relief. David and Elaine have made many sacrifices for this work, but they do not talk about that much. I haven't read The Da Vinci Code, and probably won't. But I know a lot of people have read it an are interested in the ongoing discussion. A great page full of links with information about this can be found HERE. I'll probably get interested in this about the time everyone else is getting bored with it. And now for a survey. I've become very interested in the PODCAST world ... how many of you listen to podcasts, and which ones do you like to listen to? Maybe I'll make a podcast page similar to my blog page. Do you have a podcast? I have one, linked in the column to the right. Today there is no new sermon to upload, because I forgot my recorder - and I also forgot my camera, and even my cell phone. I was a bit late and a bit frantic this morning before worship. Thanks for reading!