Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Sunday, July 23, 2006

New Arrivals

We had a full house for worship this morning, and it was a great assembly. We had at least three different relief groups with us, which always adds lots of energy and excitement to the time we enjoy together. Today's message can be heard or downloaded HERE. After lunch I went to the church building to wait to hear from Bobby Ross. Carla Calhoun had driven Bobby to Ocean Springs this morning where they worshipped and and enjoyed lunch with the Logan family. By the time I heard from Bobby, the plans that I had set in place had been changed and I realized that I was not going to have the opportunity to show him around the Pascagoula relief effort and introduce him to David Kilbern. Do I hear the Rolling Stones singing, 'You can't always get what you want?' Ah well, it was out of my hands. I did enjoy spending a lot of time with Bobby yesterday.... very much. Tonight we enjoyed a great fellowship time at the Wetherington home. We have been organizing some fellowship times to get our local family back in touch with one another. It has been rewarding to see so many people gather together and share in each other's lives. The last crew from Pennsylvania arrived at the Mobile airport at almost 11:00 p.m. tonight. Doug accompanied me on the journey over, and he was so enjoyable. You wouldn't believe the story of how it took two days for them to get here ... cancelled flights ... cancelled tickets... re-routed destinations ...lost luggage .... awful. But they are here now and we look forward to a great week. We have people here from several states ... and I look forward to the week of service and mission. We also have another crew or two coming in this week. Well, I'm so sleepy...I'm going to end this now ... and look for you tomorrow!