Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Late Tuesday Night on the Coast

Today I was to be found yet again in the pages of The Mississippi Press. You can read the story HERE. It's not so much about me this time, but they did print a full color picture of me. This time they put it on the back page. I guess I wasn't too good for sales. I think I'll get a break tomorrow unless there's some surprise! I spent most of today resting off of my leg and trying to keep it elevated as much as I could. I saw Dr. Paul Fineberg this afternoon and he was able to give me something to help. He is a good doctor, but you only see your doctor when you're sick. So it's hard to say, 'nice to see you'. Anyhow, I hope to have rebounded from this in a few days. It is not as severe a case as the one in May, which took a month to overcome. Jeff Campbell left for Nashville today. I understand he has an appointment to talk to someone tomorrow about the work we are doing down this way. He hopes to recruit skilled workers to come and spend time with us rebuilding the community. Watch HIS BLOG for updates that I hope will be coming soon! I heard through the grapevine that a friend of mine has accepted the preaching ministry at a new church, but he hasn't called me to tell me. Some friend! So what's up with that, James? Thanks, Charlie, for contributing to the KINGDOM COME discussion... the first post netted one comment. And it was a mighty good one! The next installment is coming soon. Hurry to John Alan Turner's Blog to get an early copy of his new book Hearts and Minds. Hint: This is the next book in John's Book Club! Get your copy now! Patrick Mead offers up some morbid humor just for fun. You MUST read Gary Kirkendall's post on the Cat in the House! Robbie Woods updated his blog with further insights into his life.